Friday, January 25, 2008

They say this is a MeMe

I have been included in a new game of tag entitled "MeMe". I was tagged by God's Work In Progress So, what follows will be totally random and useless information, though I hope it makes you smile . . . .

The rules for this meme are: (1) Link to the person that tagged you. (2) Post the rules on your blog. (3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. (5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

1. I hate seafood, all kinds. I have tried everything you can imagine from clams to shrimp to lobster to fish, cooked all different ways. I cannot tell you how many people have said to me that "if you just had it cooked like____________ you would love it." I don't love it, no matter how it is cooked, in fact I hate it.

2. I flew on my first airplane ride when I was 47 years ago (that was 3 years ago) to the Captivating retreat in Colorado. It wasn't that I refused to fly, it just never happened. I am not a big fan of flying....but I can now say I've done it.

3. I love mentoring younger women. It is what my heart beats for. It brings life to me. I am grateful for the things that God has taught me through my mistakes, trials, circumstances and heartache. I am so encouraged when I get to tell another.
I lived in a religious mindset for so many years that I am grateful that God has seen fit to break me free from the mold of religion. I have found a deep, intimate, passionate relationship with Him that has rocked my world. I am ruined for the ordinary.

4. I love the drums and have a djembe (gym-bay) drum that I have yet to learn to play. The girls in the Bible study group that I taught bought it for me. It is one of my desires to learn to play it, but I just don't have a clue where to start. I always wanted to be like Karen Carpenter and play the whole drum set. Maybe I'll be on the drums in heaven.

5. I like peanut butter and mayonaise sandwiches when I eat Chicken Noodle soup. I know it sounds quirky and my husband thinks it is gross, but you can't judge it until you try it. My mom taught me to eat them and I do love them. When not eating peanut butter my 2nd favorite thing on a peanut butter sandwich is potato chips. I know weird!

6. I love to dance. There is nothing more fun to me that getting out on the dance floor at a wedding with all the college kids and dancing the night away. Or better yet at the end of our women's retreat, pumping up the sound on the cd player and dancing with the women I have cried with, laughed with and played with. There's nothing like dancing with God to set your heart free.

Now I will tag some others:
Keep on Believing Bev is one of my new blogging friends. I am so grateful to find her.
The Morris Family Holly is a new friend and new blogger. I have been enjoying getting to know her.
2nd Cup of Coffee I just met Linda, but I think she is so funny and hip that I had to include her in the tag.
Karen's Ramblings I just met Karen a couple of days ago and she has been on a DTS with YWAM, like my daughter. She is one of the few people I have met who knows where Cuckfield, England is.
Girlfriends In God I just met Patty last week when I joined her "God Stop" Friday.

I know I was supposed to pick 6 people, but since I am new to blog world I am still getting to know people.

Blessings,
Jewelz

17 comments:

Patty said...

Good Morning Julie!! Thank you for tagging me. I will post my meme later this morning. I will need to think about what weirdness I want to share about myself. LOL!!
I am so glad that God directed our steps to "meet". I enjoyed reading your meme and I am trying to imagine the peanut butter/mayo thing. I have a friend who thinks I am weird because I eat peanut butter and bananas but she tried it toasted and she likes it. ;o)
Have a fun weekend!!
Patty

Kimberly said...

Okay, I'm with you on the chips on a sandwich, but peanut butter and mayo...nope, I'm sorry. :) My grandmother fixed me one of those when I was little and I thought maybe she had mixed up the jelly jar with the mayo jar! :) But if it makes you happy, you eat away, girl! :)
I love that you love to mentor others. That is so needed! The women who have served as mentor's in my life will forever hold a special place in my heart!
Blessings to you today, sweet lady!
Kimberly, a peanut butter and honey kinda girl :)

Donnetta said...

Like the other commenter's... I'm good with the peanut butter and chip combo. I've had that before.

But the peanut butter mayo combo. Um... no thanks!

Meme's are fairly common in the "blog world" and are a fun way to get to know other bloggers. You did a good job with this one!!

Again, welcome to blogging! :-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hey Julie! So I'm funny and hip?? Well, OK. I am pretty close to you on #1. Aren't shellfish just big bugs that can live under water?? You know all about me and #2.I know what a djembe is! I love anyone who loves Karen Carpenter! Fun stuff!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for playing!

PB and mayo? Never heard of that one before!

I love apple pie. Apparently, some people put cheese on it. Haven't brought myself to do that because I would rather have it with ice cream!

Have a good day!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I thought you looked familiar... I have been here before.
you bless my heart with the children you have raised. Keep up the good work.
I saw you statement about peanut butter an mayo sandwiches. Have you ever tried adding bananas to that combo? That is something I love.

And I am so sorry you don't like seafood. Being from Louisiana that is a big part of the selection on our menus.I would probably as a cook be one of those who would tell you--just try this. :)

Andrea said...

I hate seafood too! The difference though is that you're at least willing to try different things. NOT ME!! :)

I love the fact that you are 50 and boogy-ing on the dance floor at weddings!! You go, girl!!

Anonymous said...

Julie,

I loved learning new things about you! We'll have to get together and eat peanut butter and mayo sandwiches. Sounds interesting!

Have a happy day!
Amy

A Captured Reflection said...

I have just put up my 6 things meme post. How is your daughter doing? Any fresh news from Holmsted? Do you know where she is going on outreach?

Patty said...

I have finished my meme! :o)

Ann said...

Hello, Julie! It's nice to meet you :) I read what you said about scorpions, now that would definitely be something to worry about. Aren't they poisonous? At least the spiders I would find would not be harmful except for maybe a bite.

I'm sorry you don't like seafood (I love it!), but I thought it was cute what you said about people always saying, "If you tried it THIS way you'd love it!" There are some things we just don't acquire a taste for.

Have a great week!

:o) mg said...

I am so excited that you found my blogsite, and that you are a fellow Georgian! I hope you will come back. I look forward to gaining wisdom from such a beautiful woman of God on the art of raising kids.

Missy said...

PB and Mayo?????

I thought PB and pickles was strange, but you win!!

:)

Missy said...

(in response to you email)

I tried the PB & Pickles thing and it just wasn't that exciting. It was good, but not THAT good.

I just have to tell you that I LOVE that you have a heart for mentoring. I can't tell you how many of my friends have been praying for mentors and are still waiting. We consider it one of the biggest problems in the Church today.

Susanne said...

Hi Julie. Nice to "meet" you. Redeeming Love is one of my Francine Rivers favorites too. Have you read "the Mark of the Lion" series? It's awesome.

Unknown said...

Hi Julie!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and it is nice to meet you!

Welcome to blogging world. It is fun and addicting.

Smiles!
Paige